Friday, May 17, 2013

Recipe: Roasted Chicken Breast

I know, I know. It’s been awhile since my last recipe post but I’ve had an excuse. Since my parents are in the middle of their move, and have temporarily settled in my house, I have gingerly relegated my cooking duties to my mom. Even though I love to cook it is always nice to come home to an already prepared meal, especially one prepared by your mom. So, thanks Mom!

Still I don’t slack all that much in the kitchen. I just been on a more simple, comfort food approach lately, and did not feel that there was anything super exciting to share. But, I’ve decided that this super easy (if not obvious), roast chicken breast recipe is a winner and is worth a share, notwithstanding its simplicity. Sometimes the simplest things are the best things. Don’t you agree?

***

I was never a fan of white-meat chicken myself, always finding it too dry and bland for my taste. But, this recipe delivers super juicy and delicious chicken, thanks to the spice rub and chicken being bone-in and skin-on. So, make sure you get yours bone-in and skin-on (you can always take it off later).

Roasted Chicken Breast
Servings 4 – 6





Ingredients:
1 tbsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1½ tsp. granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
1 tbsp. old bay seasoning
4 Bone-in, skin-on split chicken breast
2 tbsp. extra light olive oil (or other neutral oil)
¼ cup dry white wine


Preparation:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Combine the first four ingredients together and then apply the rub to the chicken. Add 1 tbsp. of oil to a heat-proof baking dish, and lay the chicken breasts in the pan (spacing them apart slightly). Add white wine to the pan and drizzle chicken with remaining oil. Roast at 425 degrees for about 40 – 60 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts. Serve and enjoy!

These roasted chicken breasts will go with pretty much anything. Slice and add to your favorite fresh salad. Enjoy as a main dish along with rice and/or steamed veggies. You are only limited to your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...