Friday, December 2, 2016

Book Review: A Stone-Kissed Sea

A Stone-Kissed Sea (Elemental World, #4)
Elizabeth Hunter

Release Date: December 6, 2016


Book Description:
An immortal wanderer. A brilliant scientist. A centuries-old menace written in blood.

Lucien Thrax, son of the earth and child of the ancients, is a healer of immense power. But years of work on a deadly vampire virus have not led to a cure, nor have they softened the wall he built around his heart. When he’s forced to work with Doctor Makeda Abel, Lucien is convinced he’s reached his limit of patience with humanity.

Makeda Abel may be human, but she’s far from impressed with the brooding vampire healer, even if his mind draws her reluctant admiration. She’s learned how to survive in the immortal world, and it’s not by being afraid. Working together may lead them to answers, but it also pushes Lucien and Makeda’s attraction to the boiling point.

When nightmares become reality, Makeda will have to trust Lucien with her life. Finding answers has never been more vital. Finding love has never been more deadly. To heal the Elemental World, Lucien and Makeda must follow ancient paths and ask for help from the most inhuman of immortals. Because even with a cure in hand, the battle has only begun.


Amazon US | Goodreads

Review:
ARC courtesy of the author in exchange for fair and honest review. Thank you!

Aah... I'm both sad and excited to see this story-arc come to an end, but what a way to do it! Bring on the ancients, the lush settings, grandiose style, tradition, battle, and, of course, a fiery and explosive couple - I guess even an earth and a water vampire can bring those adjectives to mind...



I savored the story, enjoyed the slow-burn romance, and even the science behind the Elixir. The locations are vividly described, full of scents and colors that help bring to mind a rich world. The ancient vampires vied for the spotlight and honestly, at times they almost stole, but Makeda, even newly turned, shined through. Lucien was a bit perplexing to me, I might be due for a re-read of the series because I remembered him somewhat different. Nonetheless, he is a force and I loved his and Makeda's story-arc, (although, the way he finally admits his feelings is a bit abrupt - he is a man first after all... *winks*).

There is a lot to offer the reader here, but for me it's always the characters. Each time I pick up one of Elizabeth's books I realize how much I missed the Elemental World and its characters - they are vivid, complex, and are so addicting that I can't pick a favorite. (Well, maybe I can - it's always been Carwyn for me - must be those atrocious Hawaiian shirts *laughs*. But each time he steps on the scene I feel giddy. He is always the best side character, with a perfect line to lighten any situation. But I digress...) Here, Elizabeth, gives us an exquisite supporting cast of characters to choose from. They are well-drawn and I can almost see that any of them can be a star of their own story. Thankfully, we also get to visit with some of our favorites from the past: Baojia, Carwyn *googly eyes*, Tenzin, Brigid - all make an appearance - it's a treat (but where were Gio, B and Ben?). I loved them all and having turned the last page - I want more...

Highly recommended!

Elemental World:
Building From Ashes (Elemental World #1)
Waterlocked (Elemental World #1.5)
Blood and Sand (Elemental World #2)
The Bronze Blade (Elemental World #2.5)
The Scarlet Deep (Elemental World #3)
Beneath a Waning Moon (Elemental World #3.5)
A Stone-Kissed Sea (Elemental World #4)
Expected Publication: December 6, 2016

6 comments:

  1. I really like that cover. Nicely done. Sounds like a good series too. :) It's always hard to see a series we enjoy end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, the cover is gorgeous! :) It's a wonderful series - I hope you give it a try sometime! ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Vika!!! Love your review and so great to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you. :) I miss doing it on a more regular basis, but the little one keeps me busy these days for something more regular.

      Delete
    2. Worst and cutest distractions in the world! LOL!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...