Monday, October 21, 2013

Book Review: My Lady Quicksilver

My Lady Quicksilver (London Steampunk #3)
Bec McMaster

Release Date: October 1, 2013

Bec McMaster

Book Description:
Determined to destroy the Echelon she despises, Rosalind Fairchild is on seemingly easy mission. Get in. Uncover the secrets of her brother's disappearance. And get out.

In order to infiltrate the Nighthawks and find their leader, Sir Jasper Lynch, Rosalind will pose as their secretary. But she doesn't count on Lynch being such a dangerously charismatic man, challenging her at every turn, forcing her to re-evaluate everything she knows about the enemy.

He could be her most dangerous nemesis—or the ally she never dreamed existed.


Amazon US | Goodreads

Review:
“The Council gave him three weeks to find Mercury. Or he would share Mercury’s fate.” My Lady Quicksilver (p. 387).

Love, honor, duty, deception, desire and revenge are the elements that make My Lady Quicksilver a delicious thrill ride through the streets of this dark steampunk incarnation of London, where no one is safe and nothing is what it seems. As the tension between the Echelon and the humanists continues to escalate, Sir Jasper Lynch, fearsome leader of the Nighthawks, takes on the hunt of the mysterious revolutionary – Mercury, only to discover that s/he is not so easy to catch…



The novel picks up where Heart of Iron left of, with Rosalind Fairchild – the lady of many disguises, and Sir Jasper Lynch at its center. Adversaries they might be, but the forbidden fruit is always sweeter as their passes cross, the sparks begin to fly, and beliefs and loyalties are questioned. The two can’t keep away from each other.

She’d put a spell on him. One kiss in the enclaves like a bullet to the chest and now he couldn’t stop feeling it, no matter what the consequences were. My Lady Quicksilver (p. 227).

For almost a week I struggled to put into words my feelings about Bec McMaster’s newest novel, failing miserably. It is my hardest challenge to write reviews for books I adore, and I most certainly adored My Lady Quicksilver – it was fantastic! I fallen in love with the London Steampunk series from the first book, and then grew worrisome as Lena and Will took over the plot in the second novel, as neither inspired much of my interest. But Jasper and Rosa had a fiery chemistry, and their struggle to learn of each other’s true nature was a delight to read. Engrossed with the story, I even failed to notice the absence of my favorite couple, Honoria and Blade, and even so, I didn’t miss them.

My Lady Quicksilver is the third novel in the London Steampunk series, but it can almost be read as a stand-alone. Bec McMaster weaves a fascinating story with characters that are charismatic, seductive and very lethal. The intricate games Jasper and Rosa play will have you completely enchanted and immersed in this wonderfully dark and creative world of romance and mystery, with just a touch of machinery to make things interesting. So I would highly recommend you waste no more time and pick up this series right away, because it’s absolutely fabulous.

Highly recommended!

London Steampunk Series:
Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk #1)
Tarnished Knight (London Steampunk #1.5)
Heart of Iron (London Steampunk #2)
My Lady Quicksilver (London Steampunk #3)
Forged by Desire (London Steampunk #4)
Expected Publication: September 2, 2014
Of Silk and Steam (London Steampunk #5)
Expected Publication: March 2015

2 comments:

  1. nice review :) I can't wait to read more, I do wonder what will happen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blodeuedd! :) I can't wait to read more, I'm just a bit upset it's going to be such a long wait for the next book.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...